Employ our talented students and graduates
The University of Roehampton is consistently ranked as the top new university in London for graduate employability.
Whether you are looking to recruit for a large-scale graduate training scheme or a placement student, we are experienced in working with employers and organisations across all sectors. A Roehampton degree is designed to help our students become a graduate most valued by employers: a confident, critical thinker open to new ideas, with first-class communication skills.
Covid-19 Employability Support Programme
- This fund is intended to support organisations that are implicated by the current COVID-19 outbreak, and would suit short-term projects that students can work on from home or virtually.
- Students will be paid at a rate of £10.55 an hour, for a maximum of 95 hours-these hours can be completed full-time or flexibly/part-time. This amounts to a maximum contribution of £1000 from The University of Roehampton, who will pay students directly depending on the number of hours they complete. There is no cost to the organisation or business hosting the opportunity.
- The employer must be registered in the UK. Priority will be given to those who fit SME criteria - less than 250 employees and under £50m annual turnover, however other organisations will be considered on a case by case basis.
- The employer must have employers’ liability insurance. The University of Roehampton has 9 departments across a number of disciplines including Business, Media, Humanities, Law and Social Sciences.
Advertise your Vacancies
Our Employer Portal is free of charge and the best place to promote your vacancies for part-time job opportunities, graduate vacancies and volunteering. All our students, graduates and alumni are directed to our portal in searching for opportunities.
For more information on statutory minimum wage requirements and employee legislature, please see the GOV.UK website.
- We are unable to provide support in sourcing students for applications.
- We are not able to accept overseas or international opportunities at this time and will not be able to publish these to students.
- We reserve the right to refuse to publish any vacancies we do not deem suitable for our students without providing a reason. Please consider that we have the best interests and safety of our students in mind at all times.
Careers Fairs and Events
We host many careers fairs and events throughout the year for our students and are very keen to work with new organisations who can attend or support these events. Please complete the Expression of Interest form and send this via email to firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.
Placement and Internships
Many organisations work with us by offering meaningful placement and internship opportunities. This is a great way to nurture future talent, resource a project or gap in resources. Many students are able to complete work placements as part of their course whereas extra-curricular internships schemes are open to all students from any discipline.
Talk to our Placements Office about working with students across all departments on placements and internships including our match-funded Roehampton Internship Scheme, where SMEs can access up to a maximum of £1500 funding per Roehampton intern. Please email email@example.com to find out more. The scheme is kindly supported by Santander Universities.
Career Mentoring with Roehampton Connect
Career mentoring is one of the ways we help students and recent graduates realise their potential and build their own network of contacts so that they can develop successful careers. The scheme matches Roehampton students and recent graduates with an experienced professional to receive one-to-one career advice, support and guidance.
To join please go to Roehampton Connect to register, then create your own profile and go to the e-mentoring tab to set up your mentor services or needs. Mentoring may take place via telephone, in person, email or Skype according to what suits both the mentor and mentee.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any queries.
Code of Practice
The University of Roehampton Careers and Placements teams abide by the Code of Practice and quality standards agreed between the Association of Graduate Careers Advisory Services (AGCAS), the Association of Graduate Recruiters (AGR), the National Student Employment Services (NASES), the National Union of Students (NUS) and the Chartered Institute of Personal Development (CIPD).